New Season 15/01/2021
Started By GM | 15th Jan 2021 - 07:04 PM
It’s fair to say that last year was really hard in all possible ways including our last season, It’s impossible to deny how terrible it went and how it possibly hurt deeply your trust in us, this being said we have worked on stop on fixing all the found issues to prevent such terrible things from happening ever again.
This new season brings first of all stability, unlike other seasons this time we decided not to mess anymore with core system re balancements in order to continue our goal to balance the changes already made last season, this time around we bring a list of changes that will impact greatly the progression of our players making it fair for everyone
As almost everyone knows dungeons have a huge impact in players progression, last era we managed to improved them by increasing the amount of loot boxes you get per dungeon but this wasn’t enough to achieve our goal.
This time we bring important changes to solve this situation:
Tier 1 and tier 2 boxes have been removed from the game, 1k str dungeon will start at tier 3 loot boxes and so on, which means dungeon reward boxes have moved up 2 tiers giving a real feel of progression for players who can handle their stages.
We noticed dungeons are considerably harder for Knights and Druids so this season we have made adjustments inside the dungeons summon system to make it at least 20% easier for said vocations
This has been one of the most requested features to be reworked in a long time so this time around we finally heard you and decided to apply the following changes:
- Inferno Enchantment:This enchantment no longer deals AOE damage,, but it now focuses a single target dealing a lot of damage to it.Since this enchantment is now single target it now has a considerable higher chance to proc.
Blizzard EnchantmentThis enchantment will mark your target with a powerful ice bomb that will explode after 4 seconds, when the ice explosion takes place it will deal more damage based in the amount of creatures found inside the blast area.This enchantment will bring huge benefits for those players who like to hunt while moving, since it can increase by a lot your clearing speed when used right.
Divine Guard EnchantmentThe mechanic of this enchantment remains the same but it now increases its damage based on your resistance - protection percent, the higher the multiplier it will have.Due to the mechanic of this enchantment and due to the new damage output it can do when used correctly it will deal 30% less damage when not used by a knight.
Bastions was a huge implementation in our schedule last season, this system is designed to heavily benefit players who actually decide to manually hunt solo or with a team, unfortunately it didn’t achieve the impact that we expected so this time around the following things will happen.
- Bastion tasks, new tasks npcs are now implementing in bastions rewarding you for completing their tasks.
- Orbs from all bastion monsters are now able to loot tier equipment boxes.
We intend to keep a close eye into this system, probably enhancing it further in the near future.
Solo Exp vs Party Exp:
The last era we noticed how hard it was for solo players to progress through levels when solo hunting, practically making it impossible to compete against players who team hunt, this time around players hunting without a party will receive 50% more experience and players in parties will receive a slight nerf in their exp gain.
This should allow both teams and solo players to progress fairly when hunting on each style.
Last season we implemented a mechanism that allows people to progress through new continents without being forced to complete a continental quest, unfortunately this didn’t fulfill its goal as we intended since teams who were able to complete the quests felt underappreciated and affected due to the competitive part of the game play ending up in toxic behavior due to the unfairness of the situation.
To prevent this problem we have decided that a continent will be unlocked when the player’s beat the mid continent quest.
- Sandking quest will unlock desert continent for all players if they meet the required str.
- Winter rage quest will unlock winter continent for all players if they meet the required str.
- Metrica nightmare quest will unlock metrica continent for all players if they meet the required str.
- Orr’s Forgotten quest will unlock orr continent for all players if they meet the required str.
While this might feel unfair for some players, please consider that beating this quests requires a lot of resources and effort investment, managing to do so should reward the teams more than it does currently.
Shadow Token Changes:
A lot of our players have complained era after era than shadow tokens are merely useless unless you are on very late game content, this time around to deal with this situation we have implemented a shadow token shop on every continent.
- Shadow tokens can now be obtained f2p by beating events, through prey task point shop and through world bosses tokens
- 1 shadow shard can now be trade-able for 2 shadow tokens
We have made permanent changes to our donations offers:```
200 usd offer now yields a base of 12 nocturnal tokens instead of 8 and 6 global boosts instead of 4
100 usd offer now yields a base of 6 nocturnal tokens instead of 4 and 3 global boosts instead of 2
50 usd offer now yields a base of 3 nocturnal tokens instead of 2 and 1 global boost.
It will now be possible to purchase shadow tokens through points for a fair price in order to give use to your unused points.
New monthly offers will be implemented.
Quests reward adjustments:
Continental progression has been the core of shadowrealm for quite a while now, unfortunately due to the changes made in recent eras a few quest rewards feel behind to the point of them becoming irrelevant or off-meta this time around we have huge news regarding quest.
- Temple quest: Instead of the temple set it will now allow you to choose a tier 3 item of your choice.
- Nocturnia Continental Quest: Instead of the demonic set it will now allow you to choose a tier 4 item of your choice
- Desert Continental Quest: Instead of a desert set it will now allow you to choose a tier 6 item of your choice.
- These changes will allow you to unlock a useful item of your choice instead of giving you a set piece that doesnt fit the current meta.
New quest line:
The biggest patch made to date comes in the form of a new huge questline unrelated to continents progression, a total of 5 new quests have been implemented each one with a different difficulty level also the old and forgotten pirate quest has joined this questline with a difficulty and reward revamp.
This new questline provides a different kind of challenge, each quest allows you to progress to the next without the need of having completed any continent quests!
These quests bring a new meta game build to the game, providing different choices to your current tier set build without directly replacing it, becoming more of a choice - situational build
- Dwarfs City quest (similar in difficulty to cont 1 quest) will allow you to have a chance to loot a dwarven set item.
You see t4 armor (general: Arm:50; resistance all +7; strength +275) (Sorcerer: magic level +4).
You see dwarven armor (general: Arm:50; resistance all +11; strength +325)
- Dwarven armor provides more resistance than a t4 or even a t5 item without granting any magic levels.
- Nightmare quest (slightly harder in difficulty to desert cont quest) will allow you to have a chance to loot a hero set piece
You see t6 armor (general: Arm:70; resistance all +11; strength +580) (Sorcerer: magic level +7).
You see hero armor (general: Arm:70; resistance all +9; strength +650) (Sorcerer: magic boost 5%, healing boost 3%).
- Hero set piece provides less resistance but a magic and healing boost and more str.
Important note: these quests are not like continental quests, they bring new rules to them which are the following.
- Quest cd is 20 hrs instead of 48 to 72 hours.
- Joining each quest requires a special pass per try.
- Rewards of beating the quests work similar to real tibia bosses, you do not have an ensured drop chance of a set item.
- Set items can be upgraded or merged with other set pieces but this will remain a secret for your to explore.Some of the new quests not only bring you the rewards mentioned above but also come with a bastion like spawn that can only be accessed through a pass when beating the quest, unlocking places that will reward you far more than the usual zones.
Elemental Emperors Castles - New endgame content
This is a huge huge piece of content that becomes unlocked when beating all 6 quests from the new quests line, this area brings a whole new theme to shadow realm, in here you will have special tasks, new vocation specializations choices (unlocking 1 of 2 spells and other benefits) which can be upgraded further by beating the content.
Elemental emperors castle is bigger than a normal continent, it brings 4 castles (quests), 4 seals (mini quests) and special themed spawns with tasks.
When beating the content you will be able to choose a soul weapon that will progress alongside you, unlocking new abilities as it progress.
- Cont 4 spells are now AOE.
- All veteran monsters from all continents are now properly dropping veteran tokens.
- Delay when passing to next stage of a dungeon has been lowered to the minimum of 1 second.
- Paladins HP per level has been increased from 35 to 40
- Paladins basic attack damage has been increased by 15%
- Reapers vampire aoe now has a 30% chance to not proc per hit.
- Completing a task now grants prey cards (amounts depends on the continent)